If you are passionate, innovative and self‐motivated, we are inviting you to join our team.
MetTel is seeking a bright, highly motivated individual with an analytical mind for MetTel Network Services Team to serve our client base.
Duties & Responsbilities
- Network devices configuration/management:
- Configure new and existing clients for hosted PBX, PRI, SIP trunking and hosted call center solutions in Broadsoft- Soft Switch; and Configure and test Polycom, Panasonic and Cisco IP phones;
- Configure and manage Polycom HDX video conferencing units for company internal and client locations;
- Configure various Adtran routers and switches, IAD’s (Integrated Access Device), Adtran firewalls, Juniper SSG5 firewall, Fortinet wireless routers, Cradlepoint wireless routers and Sierra Wireless Raven XE; and
- Configure, test and manage Bluesocket vWLAN server and access points; and configure various bluesocket wireless access points and manage them through vWLAN server.
- Network design for new/existing clients:
- Create network design for new clients by researching their existing services in various locations, and assist in executive marketing to come up with an optimized, efficient and cost effective architecture;
- Work with executive marketing to finalize the new network diagrams;
- Configure network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls) to various client locations;
- Work with individual account managers and redesign the network architecture of existing clients if suggested by upper management.
- Wireless data link solution testing:
- Configure and test wireless data link solutions like Raven XE on different cellular network to verify the claimed speed, coverage and performance of each product; test 3G/4G data cards with various routers and wireless access points to check the device compatibility for the proposed solution;
- Research the capability/functionality of various wireless access points, 3G/4G data cards, and provide the detailed specification, comment and product manual to the wireless services team;
- Formulate test plans for each device and execute the test scenarios to verify the proper functioning of the product;
- Configure the wireless devices with appropriate IP address and network credentials and send it to the wireless service team for dispatch to the customer premise; and
- Familiarize with new cutting edge technology solutions like M2M (Machine to Machine) from AT&T and use it to test MetTel wireless solutions.
- Network mapping for new/existing clients:
- Create and modify network map in Intermapper (network management tool) for new and existing clients;
- Assist repair team with network troubleshooting using the maps created; and
- Monitor live network traffic anomalies in voice/data usage by setting a threshold in customer’s network map.
- Provide Network solution for migrating clients:
- Work with the executives including CEO, COO and VP (Network Services) on major client migration in the initial brainstorming phase;
- Analyze existing client’s network architecture by gathering information from client agents, and propose new optimized cost effective solution based on the client requirement and MetTel’s service scope; and
- Work with end client agents, inventory management, and provisioning to assist in redesign network infrastructure for successful migration of services.
- Subject Matter Expert for wireless products:
- As a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for wireless services team, provide innovative one of its kind wireless solutions based on client requirement and market availability; and
- Suggest wireless solutions as a technology alternative for business continuity (failsafe path-disaster recovery).
- Network support for employees and clients:
- Configure and manage new and existing VOIP clients in the Broadsoft soft switch;
- Monitor and maintain call processing policies for employees and clients based on daily requirement; and
- Manage and reconcile unused phone numbers/ IP addresses and reassign these to new employees within the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or related engineering field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow previously documented process while notifying management of variables that have not been clarified
- Is available to work after hours when necessary
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as alone.
MetTel is a leading global provider of integrated digital communications solutions for enterprise customers. By converging all communications over a proprietary network, MetTel enables enterprise companies to easily deploy and manage technology-driven voice, data, wireless and cloud solutions worldwide. MetTel's comprehensive portfolio of customer solutions boosts enterprise productivity, reduces costs and simplifies operations. Combining customized and managed communication solutions with a powerful platform of cloud-based software, the company's MetTel Portal® enables customers to manage their inventory, usage, spend and repairs from one simple, user friendly interface.