The Project Coordinator assists on all aspects of implementation in MetTel, which includes supporting, organizing, deployment, coordination, and management. This role requires a broad range of technical skills and excellent project management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help all aspects of telecom equipment deployment from customer relationship, project plan of record, project schedule, cost, and inventory.
- complete equipment deployment activities
- Ensure that quality of the service providers’ work is within client standards.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Perform on-going status checks with the program team, and periodic reviews with upper management
- Manage integration of third-party technical partners with internal team
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Lead and facilitate project activities with the sales agent and client.
- Oversee the project timeline
- Maintain a good working relationship with the customer's representatives and all disciplines involved in the project.
- Coordinate activities and ensure that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in line with the project goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper records are maintained for all equipment deployment.
- Attend internal coordination and progress meetings, providing updates as needed.
MetTel is a cutting‐edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our teams help create next-‐generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each team member is a key to the success and sustainability of the group. In order to achieve this, we offer an environment where all professionals can grow and develop their skills and competencies, collaborate with diverse professionals, share knowledge and enjoy a rewarding career.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by December 8, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law