The Project Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation process of a company’s services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Furthermore, the PM monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
The Project Manager is responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing scope definition, and schedules activities to ensure timely completion of project. The PM communicates with the customer PM and/or functional manager regarding status of project activity.
The PM is also responsible for the verifying the initial implementation services are correctly setup in the MetTel billing system and provides accurate tracking information of all equipment and services. The PM will utilize all tools made available for the documentation, tracking, and dissemination of project criteria and milestone achievement. Finally, the PM is responsible for the coordinating the transition of account support from the NCS team to Wireless Care Account Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as Primary point of contact for customers during the initial conversion/activation of services with MetTel.
- PM is responsible for creation and maintenance of all project communication and documentation:
- Project Scope and Requirements
- Escalation Sheet, Transition Plan
- Creation of Vanity Email and TFN
- Tracking and Reporting (Transition Plan)
- Weekly Status updates Internal/External
- Call Notes, next steps, updates
- Quickbase and Sharepoint updates and maintenance
- The PM is responsible for the scheduling and coordination of service implementation
- PM will work with the customer to create a phased deployment schedule based on customer requirements/limitations, beginning with a Pilot phase to let customer understand the migration process.
- PM will outline project schedule and customer requirements with the Provisioning team.
- PM will be responsible for tracking progress and monitoring completion of work requests sent to the offline provisioning team to complete.
- Requests for provisioning assistance will be processed by completing a Bruin Ticket. This will notify the Provisioning team that there is a pending request and can be used for tracking and reference.
- Provisioning requests will include:
- New Bulk Activations
- Feature Adds, Voicemail Resets, etc…
- PM will work with the Billing Team (CDA) to ensure billing Is properly set in the system and reflecting on invoicing.
- PM will work with the customer to define the need for custom line descriptors, billing codes, and establish reporting.
- PM will coordinate bruin training for the customer liaising with the Bruin support team for training coordination and bruin feature or pricing adds.
- Background in telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, construction, or structured cabling projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Can effectively communicate with a wide range of cross-functional team members: high-profile clients, construction teams, engineers, vendors, customers, public utilities, and more.
- Microsoft Office, including Visio, SharePoint, or similar project management software.
- Industry certifications (such as PMP, RCDD, or PE license) are a plus.
MetTel is a cutting‐edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our teams help create next-‐generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each team member is a key to the success and sustainability of the group. In order to achieve this we offer an environment where all professionals can grow and develop their skills and competencies, collaborate with diverse professionals, share knowledge and enjoy a rewarding career.
The best tech workplace for diversity 2018 by Timmy award –NYC
Ignite a Revolution! Find yourself at the forefront of the rapidly evolving communications industry, where innovators like you create solutions to challenge tradition and impact the world. By the Numbers: 2-time Stevie award-winning customer care division 170 countries reached through recent global expansion ten office locations coast-to-coast and growing MetTel is a leading global solution provider of communications technology for business, backed by the nation’s leading carriers. Recognized for our flexible and customer-driven approach, MetTel services countless universal brands, Fortune 500 organizations, and the US government, developing and implementing their tech strategies while revamping all operations with our proprietary cloud-platform. With over 20 years of legacy experience, MetTel is now generating industry-buzz around our pioneering role in the advanced technology and mobile space thanks to industry-first Cross-Carrier pooling solutions, unparalleled coverage, and a front-line portfolio. MetTel is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.