MetTel is looking to add a few “A” players to its technically elite Managed Services customer network services engineering team. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task between projects and provide client-facing support for all MetTel provided communication services. This person will need to be able to work on his/her own and as part of a team while exhibiting excellent communication, technical architecture and troubleshooting skills in both environments. End to end responsibilities for activating complex customer networks as well as supporting them in production as top tier Level 4+, you will accept issues that are escalated to the group from various entry points.
This is a high-level role with the deep technical skillsets required to manage Cisco/Adtran/VMWare Velocloud based client support offerings. The role requires an understanding of each client’s business needs and how they relate to the technologies supported.
A can-do, upbeat attitude is required, with the willingness to go the extra mile to ensure client satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Network design for new/existing clients
- Implement & Manage VMware Velocloud SD-WAN services for customers
- Cloud security solutions for new/existing client
- Create and maintain accurate detailed drawings and procedural documentation.
- Support network service turn-up’s and migration events
Required Technical Proficiencies
- Cisco IOS Routing and Switching / CCNP R&S
- Routing (OSPF, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, MP-VPN, SD-WAN)
- VMware Velocloud design and implementations
- Fortinet Firewall management
MetTel is a cutting‐edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our teams help create next-‐generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each team member is a key to the success and sustainability of the group. In order to achieve this, we offer an environment where all professionals can grow and develop their skills and competencies, collaborate with diverse professionals, share knowledge and enjoy a rewarding career.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by December 8, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher majoring in Information, Network and Computer Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field
- 5+ years of experience working with multi-vendor infrastructure
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, migrating, maintaining and troubleshooting data and voice networks.
- Proficiency in routing and switching protocols - OSPF, BGP, EIGRP
- Knowledge about redundancy protocols like HSRP, VRRP, and various HA WAN/LAN design
- Cisco certifications (CCIE)
- Experience with security appliances from Fortinet
- A contributing team player willing to learn new technologies and develop the skills.
- Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking, UCaaS)
- Experience with Cisco, Adtran, Broadsoft, VeloCloud
To Learn More
Visit: www.mettel.net or email us: Career@mettel.net