MetTel is looking to add a few “A” players to its technically elite Managed Services customer network services engineering team. The successful candidate must be able to multi-task between projects and provide client-facing support for all MetTel provided communication services. This person will need to be able to work on his/her own and as part of a team while exhibiting excellent communication, technical architecture and troubleshooting skills in both environments. End to end responsibilities for activating complex customer networks as well as supporting them in production as top tier Level 4+, you will accept issues that are escalated to the group from various entry points. This is a high-level role with the deep technical skillsets required to manage Cisco/Adtran/VMWare Velocloud based client support offerings. The role requires an understanding of each client’s business needs and how they relate to the technologies supported.
A can-do, upbeat attitude is required, with the willingness to go the extra mile to ensure client satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Network design for new/existing clients
- Implement & Manage VMware Velocloud SD-WAN services for customers
- Cloud security solutions for new/existing client
- Create and maintain accurate detailed drawings and procedural documentation.
- Support network service turn-up’s and migration events
Required Technical Proficiencies:
Cisco IOS Routing and Switching / CCNP R&S
Routing (OSPF, BGP)
WAN Technology (MPLS, MP-VPN, SD-WAN)
VMware Velocloud design and implementations
Fortinet Firewall management
Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher majoring in Information, Network and Computer Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field
Other Desired Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience working with multi-vendor infrastructure
• 5+ years of hands-on experience developing, migrating, maintaining and troubleshooting data and voice networks.
• Proficiency in routing and switching protocols - OSPF, BGP, EIGRP
• Knowledge about redundancy protocols like HSRP, VRRP, and various HA WAN/LAN design
• Cisco certifications (CCIE)
• Experience with security appliances from Fortinet
• A contributing team player willing to learn new technologies and develop the skills.
• Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking, UCaaS)
• Experience with Cisco, Adtran, Broadsoft, VeloCloud