POST-SALES ENGINEER/IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST
The Post-Sales Engineer/Implementation Specialist (PSE/IS) manages project implementation activities following a Federal Customer sale.
The PSE/IS ensures customer implementations are completed on-time and within budget, thereby realizing the firm’s sales and profitability targets while meeting customer expectations for a successful implementation.
The PSE/IS will support add-on sales and services, and the productivity and profitability goals of the sales team supported. The PSE/IS collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure implemented projects accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer personnel.
Reporting to the Director of Solutions Architecture, the PSE reports on a dotted line to the sales manager or business line manager responsible for the sales team supported.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Manages the implementation of projects and customers closed by the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, and customer satisfaction, or as directed by the VP of Solutions Architecture.
- Proactively assesses solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements and recommends solution changes that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Continually gauges customer satisfaction among key customer project stakeholders.
- Develops success metrics, including ROI, adoption, and business-process impacts, and presents these to customer project stakeholders in a compelling fashion.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources by communicating project status and success metrics.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported. These include growth expectations for add-on sales of products and services with customers supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms, over and above required add-on selling expectations. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions implemented and alerts the sales and account teams to potential customer satisfaction threats or competitor activity.
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas.
- Maintains deal through-put in late deal-sales process steps.
- Achieves add-on growth targets for the assigned account base.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Meets project implementation targets for timeliness, customer success metrics, and customer adoption.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Minimum six years of sales or sales engineering experience in Federal Business, large/strategic customer segment; or a record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential
- Highly analytical approach to solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (SD-WAN VeloCloud)
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization
- Ability to follow processes
- Strong documentation skills (Visio, Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Superb communication skills – both written and verbal
- Federal business experience/awareness
- Cisco CCNA or higher is a plus
- Strong Cisco Route/Switch and focus on dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP)
- Advanced knowledge of encryption and IPsec tunneling and DMVPN
- Familiar with Federal Security Platforms is a plus (MTIPS, E3A, IPSS, Traffic Aggregation)
REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- All prospective employees must pass a US Government HSPD-12 background check at the minimum
MetTel is a leading global provider of integrated digital communications solutions for enterprise customers. By converging all communications over a proprietary network, MetTel enables enterprise companies to easily deploy and manage technology-driven voice, data, wireless and cloud solutions worldwide. MetTel's comprehensive portfolio of customer solutions boosts enterprise productivity, reduces costs and simplifies operations. Combining customized and managed communication solutions with a powerful platform of cloud-based software, the company's MetTel Portal® enables customers to manage their inventory, usage, spend and repairs from one simple, user friendly interface.