MetTel is seeking a bright, highly motivated law student to work in our NJ office as a Law Clerk. The Law Clerk will help our in-house counsel with a variety of special projects. This position will be a summer internship with the potential to continue into the school year.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Principal project will be to review contract terms, capture key terms into a database and identify, analyze, and report contractual issues for review with the legal team.
- Using the data captured above, map and upload contracts into a database,
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
- Prepare memorandums and executive summaries of issues.
- Shadow lead attorney(s) on contract negotiation calls and meetings.
- Attend internal client meetings on proposed company partnerships, sales directives, acquisitions, and operational projects that will require legal support
- Researches relevant statutes, rulings, and precedents to be used as a basis for negotiating deals and navigating disputes.
- Able to do regulatory research, including review operating procedures, human resources policies, and internal controls and ensures that such procedures conform to regulations.
- Provide administrative office support to the legal team, including filing and organization, and creating and maintaining files, business records, and databases.
- Identify and resolve potential conflicts and assist in reviewing customer contact information for regulatory compliance.
- Second or third-year law student. Telecommunications knowledge or an interest in the industry is a plus.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organized and responsible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- A record of excellent academics and substantial work experience.