MetTel is seeking a Ruby developer to join the development team. You will work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Interface with customers to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Process movement of jobs to production for both Internet and client/server applications and implementation of production scheduler.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task
- Develops and debugs application programs; executes system and integration tests
- Identify and report potential development issues impacting timeline and/or budget
- Develop custom applications while following the company’s programming standards
- Produce quality well-tested code for the assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with technical as well as industry sector developments
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby and Rails or higher programming language.
- Hands-on experience in DevOps Languages: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Mobile Front End: React Native
- Web front end experience in React, Bootstrap, GraphQL and backend Rails, Resque
- Basic knowledge of JAVA programming language a plus
- Proficiency in MSSQL database and 3 years of experience in SQL
- Basic knowledge of LDAP architecture
- Full Life Cycle applications development experience is a must.
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Experience applying version and revision control practices and procedures
- Familiarity with SVN is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, while still being a team player
- Proven ability to independently and systematically manage clients and projects
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
MetTel is a cutting-edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our team helps create next-generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each and every professional are keys to the success and sustainability of our group. In order to achieve this we offer an environment where all professionals can progress and develop their skills and competences, collaborate with diverse professionals, share knowledge, and enjoy a rewarding career. To learn more on us visit: www.mettel.net or email us: Career@mettel.net