Director of information technology/Senior Systems Administrator
MetTel- If you are passionate, innovative, and self-motivated, we are inviting you to join our team.
This is a hands-on Position!
Under general direction, provides support for corporate servers, hosting, data centers, networks, and applications. Provides support to end-users for PC, server, applications, and hardware. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and the highest level of technical skill in the field of expertise.
- Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the design, operation, and maintenance of hosted servers, network equipment, storage systems, server security, databases, web sites, and server backups.
- Qualified in managing Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Responsible for the application and operating system tuning, provisioning strategy and execution, troubleshooting, and maintenance including Updating firmware, OS patches, and all other system-related tasks.
- Administration and support of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO, and login script creation.
- Qualified in managing virtualization infrastructure on an enterprise-scale including:Working with and implementing VMware VSphere, Virtual Center, VMotion, P2V, and VDI solutions.
- Experience operating the latest versions of Microsoft Exchange with emphasis on Exchange 2010.
- Responsible for governance of our monitoring solutions and application performance benchmarking in detail.
- Participate in the planning for high availability, disaster recoverability, and security audits.
- Demonstrated ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and work closely with the business and development teams to provide designs that ensure that the needs of the organization are being met
- Create operational procedures along with appropriate documentation for implemented solutions and daily tasks.
- Responds to complex technical problems/issues related to hardware, software, and networking via email and phone.
- Able to simultaneously support numerous customer bases with a separate policy, procedural, and ticketing requirements.
- Assists customers by remotely diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service-related issues.
- As team lead provides escalated support to helpdesk and other system administrators for more complex customer technical issues.
- As team lead responsible to delegate project-related tasks to team members
- As team lead responsible for QC and audit team members work and compliance to procedure
- Some travel required for projects.
- Desired QualificationsRequires Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science, Math or Engineering) or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of Technical Support experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Technical Skills (Hardware, Operating Systems, Networking, Active Directory, Enterprise Email.
- Experienced organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to overlap-perform more than one function at a time while communicating with internal and/or external customers.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate non-standard business requirements
- Ability to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
MetTel is a cutting-edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our team help create next-generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each and every professional are keys to the success and sustainability of the group. In order to achieve this we offer an environment where all professionals can progress and develop their skills and competence, collaborates with diverse professionals, share knowledge, and enjoy a rewarding career. To learn more on us visit: www.mettel.net or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org