Senior Software Engineer
The GSA Conexus application is utilized by federal government agencies to streamline purchasing transactions and telecom ordering management under the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) Contract. Conexus has systematic data feeds between awarded vendors and the application ensuring that Conexus has the most recent and up-to-date information, whether it be order statuses, billing information and dispute recommendations, or provisioning and billing Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance metrics.
One of those vendors is MetTel, who is a leading provider of integrated voice, data, network, cloud, and mobility IT solutions for businesses and government agencies nationwide. MetTel uses its propriety MetTel Federal Portal in order for government organizations to securely and efficiently manage their technology, end-to-end. The Portal is designed to help agencies become more efficient and get the most out of their technological infrastructures by connecting IT management with complete control over expense and inventory asset management.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to enhance and expand upon the integration and automation in place between the GSA Conexus application and the MetTel Federal Portal. Candidates should be hard working with a strong attention to detail and technical background.
• Develop high-quality, ship ready code • Work with stakeholders and other developers to understand requirements and provide estimates for development work
• Collaborate with our DevOps and QA teams to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes
• Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase productivity and efficiency
• Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study
• 5 years of software development experience building large scale web applications
• Experience with back end development working in a .NET environment writing C# code
• Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful and SOAP Web Services
• A strong understanding of Certificates and Web Service Security
• SQL Server proficiency with the capacity to work with multiple databases across several servers
• The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing them to maximize productivity