Job Description: Sr. Voice Engineer [ 8+ Years]
MetTel is looking for a senior voice engineer who is Senior Network Security individual responsible for building voice solution and managing voice infrastructure of MetTel’s internal and external customers.
Required Job Related Skills and Experience:
• Experience in methods and best practices in detailed engineering in voice and network development
• Excellent communication and clear business writing skills as well as interpersonal skills
• A good understanding and hands-on experience of Cisco/BroadSoft and Oracle SBC configurations and reference architectures.
• Must have strong/extensive experience with ACME/Oracle SBC, BroadSoft Broadworks.
• Solid knowledge of VoIP protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, RTP, Codecs knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of Legacy E9-1-1 and NG9-1-1 technologies and standards such as NENA i3. Knowledge of Kari's Law and RAY BAUM'S act.
• Experience with Avaya, Cisco, Oracle, BroadSoft, Microsoft suite of telephony and UC products, Polycom, Adtran IADs.
• Work with Hosted Voice environments (BroadSoft Preferred), Session Border Controller experience for Access and SIP Trunking.
• In-depth knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 network technologies such as IP addressing (CIDR, VLSM), ARP, IP routing, etc. Layer-2 network technologies including 802.1q VLAN tagging
• Experience designing and deploying carrier SIP solutions.
• Experience with scripting and test automation highly preferred
• Experience with private, public and hybrid clouds preferred
• Manage end-to-end Voice and Collaboration infrastructure delivery lifecycle including the collection and translation of business requirements to enable technical execution of network programs and projects.
• Experience developing and executing test plans to evaluate new VoIP network elements, new capabilities and or new VoIP related service offerings.
• Experience working with vendors providing VoIP network components to the company. This includes staying abreast of new VoIP components or new features on existing VoIP network that could benefit existing or future customers
• Interact with various inter and intra departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks
• Experience with VoIP security platforms, Robocalls mitigation, STIR/SHAKEN, VoIP troubleshooting Tools.
• Experience working with LCR (Least Cost Routing) and carrier rate decks
• Voice Traffic & Translation experience, full understanding on LERG updates and deployments. • Good knowledge of Networking; TCP/IP, SFTP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, MPLS, Cisco Routers, Switches/Firewalls
• Good to have knowledge/experience on VMware, Amazon Cloud Connect, Cloud based call center, MS SQL
• Provide Tier4 technical support for enterprise customer network, including troubleshooting voice, video and data (IP) traffic.
• Experience with modern container technologies (Kubernetes, Dockers) beneficial
• Experience with tools such as Redshift Networks, Ixia and Empirix beneficial