About this role
The Program Manager will help set strategy, execute on schedule, and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues/risks throughout the program lifecycle. This person will work closely with our internal/external stakeholders and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products, and deliverables are of the highest quality. This person will also coordinate with other software development leads within the company. They will manage the software operations within the company’s program roadmap, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
What can you expect from the position?
What can you bring to the role?
- This position will be the program owner for software development teams building enterprise services and solutions – primarily focused on development support, unblocking scrum teams, and working on other projects involving enterprise device management and configuration.
- Partner with technical leads to draft up Epics and Stories with appropriate level of details. Encourage and participate in scrum evens to ensure that all projects are meeting shareholders expectations.
- Partner with Engineering Leadership to ensure a manageable scope that can be delivered on time with quality.
- Oversee the care and feeding of the platform, ensure all aspects of the platform receive attention including technical debt and infrastructure along with business requested features.
- Work with technical project managers and business/technical stakeholders across the company to gather the requirements and refine the work for the team.
- Consolidate product feedback from across the Operations organization and work with Product teams to prioritize related improvements.
- Triage incoming customer (external as well as internal) reported issues to make sure the resolution meet SLA.
Planning & Delivery:
- 5+ years of experience leading Agile-Scrum based events, leading software development projects.
- Successful in leading and collaborating across teams of technologists, designers, and customer-facing teams, business stakeholders, and executive level employees.
- Technical acumen – capable of writing requirements for API-based solutions.
- Enjoy collaborating closely with software developers and business leadership.
- Ability to handle complexity, process new information quickly, and manage dynamic projects with competing resources and priorities.
- Willing to work independently while delivering results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, think-on-your-feet business environment.
- Drive program delivery with key focus areas: on-time, on-budget, in-scope, with high quality and stability.
- Ensure program roadmap algins with business and system objectives across systems.
- Ensure a continuous planning cadence, through roadmap planning and program increment (iterative) planning.
- Ensure the program delivery across all teams takes a service and customer level view of “done”, success criteria, and measurements all meet the stakeholder's definition of done.
- Identify program core team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, etc., and implement or drive required changes to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Translate prioritized products strategies into program visual roadmaps.
- Drive decisions and take actions in support of the larger area's strategic direction.
- Drive delivery through following the lean governance workflow established by the PMO leadership, including new technology initiatives review and prioritization mechanism with a quarterly cadence.
- Drive continuous improvement across the program roadmap delivery and ways of working, driving towards Rapid, Reliable and Repeatable
- Ability to navigate multi-work stream programs with overlapping dependencies.
- Technology degree or business degree desired
- Five to seven plus years of project management experience in software development
- Advanced experience with Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Software development certification or project management certification desired
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Ability to organize and synthesize information to meet the needs of the audience.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
- Able to think strategically and tactically to make program successful through consensus and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong, trust-based relationships across the organization.
- Possess systems-oriented thinking skills.
- Ability to utilize collaboration tools.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and project/program management tools, such as SharePoint, Tableau, and SmartSheets.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to both lead and function as a member of a core program team
- Drive results focused on teamwork, collaboration, and accountability in a matrix organization.