We are looking for an experienced Utility Billing Analyst to join our Client Success team. You must have at least 2 years of experience in utility billing and auditing.
This individual will be responsible for managing the process to support our Bruin Utilities Management Platform for Electricity, Natural Gas, Water, Sewer, Steam, Chilled Water, Propane, Heating Fuel Oil, and Trash. Specifically, you will be responsible for setting up new billing clients, entering and reviewing utility consumption data, and auditing the bills.
You will assist with customer service and support relating to invoice consumption data inquiries from our clients.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Achievement-oriented: enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
* Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
* High-stress tolerance: thrives in a high-pressure environment
* Adaptable/flexible: enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
* Dependable: more reliable than spontaneous Responsibilities
Specific tasks will include:
* Quality check automated consumption entry data to confirm the accuracy of utility costs, distribution charges, and other fees
* Manually process utility bills that are not available through the digital bill retrieval platform * Provide customer support to users performing manual meter reads via software applications
* Review and improve internal processes for billing and consumption data acquisition, loading, and reporting in close cooperation with the software team
* Investigate and resolve utility bill anomalies and variances
* Work directly with clients’ accounting and facility management teams to maintain an accurate and up-to-date energy consumption data
Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum 2 years of experience in the Utility Billing field.
* Demonstrable experience analyzing and understanding utility tariffs
* Understand the difference between energy units of measure (eg. consumption (kWh) and demand (kW), or CCF and KGal)
* Extreme attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize work based on multiple factors
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills •
* Good organizational and time management skills
* Previous experience as a Billing Analyst or in a similar role for 3-5 years
* Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets.
* Knowledge of MS SQL is a plus