The Technical Support Manager is responsible for leading a group of highly skilled technical support engineers in New York City.
Your top priority will be to interpret data, coach, mentor and lead team members with the ultimate goal of driving improvements in the MetTel’s products and service-level agreement through collaborations with MetTel’s product engineering teams in resolving customer and partner issues.
- Manage and triage incidents and service request assigned to team queues in MetTel’s Bruin platform
- Possess or quickly gain detailed knowledge of the work done by the application development teams to effectively document and support the applications
- Develop and mentor the team to transition from a L1/L2 to a L2/L3 support skill level
- Verify that all necessary requirements, incident details, sample data, and other supporting information is provided with each incident or service request submitted
- Assign tickets to team members based upon current workload, subject matter, complexity, expected delivery date, and resource availability
- Help to manage overall prioritizations between production incidents/problems, releases, and new application implementation
- Track progress of assigned tickets with a focus on meeting delivery deadlines and SLA’s
- Track and report on metrics for tickets assigned to and handled by the Application Support team
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Management in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the applications support team, providing them guidance and direction as necessary
- Build and manage the IT Application Support Team’s roadmap
- Serve as a point of escalation for customer incidents; ensuring the appropriate resources are engaged for timely action and proper traction
- Evaluate user technology and application needs and requirements and implement solutions to improve user satisfaction
- Develop and implement an ITIL based problem management process
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- Manage software support for enterprise business applications
- Manage UAT and Production changes made in accordance with lifecycle methodology and risk guidelines
- Direct and manage the delivery of application, systems and application security
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding of all new versions across products
- Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Manage vendor relationships with key partners, and service providers internal and external
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as Technical Application Support Manager
- Ability to communicate at all levels (both technical and non-technical) with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with diplomacy; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Fundamental understanding of software development methodologies, values, and processes
MetTel is a cutting‐edge telecom service provider delivering software and telecom services to enterprise companies nationwide. Our teams help create next-‐generation systems to meet the challenge of today’s rapidly changing business climate, and set new standards for the telecom industry. From traditional voice to advanced services, MetTel’s extensive partnerships enable us to deliver a complete portfolio of services in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico as well as global MPLS and VoIP solutions. We believe that each team member is a key to the success and sustainability of the group. In order to achieve this, we offer an environment where all professionals can grow and develop their skills and competencies, collaborate with diverse professionals, share knowledge and enjoy a rewarding career.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by December 8, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law.